Subject: Re: can't get dhclient to start during boot
To: None <>
From: David Laight <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/25/2003 09:28:33
> > Maybe it's started before /usr is mounted, and so needs to be statically
> > linked ?
> THANK YOU!  And thanks to Patrick and David for telling me how to find out
> if the program was dynamically linked.
> 	% ldd /sbin/dhclient
> 	/sbin/dhclient:
> 	         -lc.12 => /usr/lib/

What you actually need to do is get it linked with /libs/
This is usually done by getting an 'RPATH  /lib:/usr/lib' entry' into
the headers.

Looking deeper you also need to get the program to request an elf
interpreter (ld.elf_so) from /libexec not from /usr/libexec. does this if BINDIR is /bin or /sbin, otherwise you need
to add the relevant options yourself probably:

David Laight: