Subject: Upgrading openssh from pkgsrc...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/23/2003 20:51:20
Are we supposed to just not upgrade openssh from pkgsrc?

I checked out the latest pkgsrc from my copy of the CVS tree. (I
keep it in sync with rsync.) I then rebuilt openssh.

Building failed because of this command:
ld -o ssh ssh.o readconf.o clientloop.o sshtty.o  sshconnect.o sshconnect1.o sshconnect2.o -L. -Lopenbsd-compat/ -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib  -lkrb -lcom_err -lroken -ldes -L/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/lib -lssh -lopenbsd-compat -lcrypt -lutil -lz  -lcrypto -lgssapi -lkrb5 -ldes -lcom_err -lasn1 -lroken

I had to change the Makefile in the top openssh directory:
#LD=ld
LD=cc

Once I did that it built. Then I installed it. Now it looks like
ssh is looking for config files in "/etc" instead of "/etc/ssh". Huh?
I'm sure I've upgraded via pkgsrc before. What changed with this release?

The newly built ssh went into /usr/pkg/bin like usual.

I'm running NetBSD 1.6.

Any ideas?
           On the community of supercomputer fans:
"But what we lack in size we make up for in eccentricity."
  from Steve Gombosi, comp.sys.super, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:43 -0600