Subject: Re: identd crashes when portscanned
To: None <>
From: Christian Biere <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/14/2003 22:32:39

Juha K Kallio <> wrote:

> After scanning ports with nmap as a normal user without any
> paramaters, identd crashes with this in syslog:
> Sep 14 22:45:28 psychedelic identd[26006]: main: accept. errno = 53
> Sep 14 22:45:28 psychedelic 0 , 0 : ERROR : UNKNOWN-ERROR^M

> I really have a hard time believing anyone
> hasn't noticed a bug this fatal, but I can't think of any local
> configuration causing this.

It's a bug, though:

" 53 ECONNABORTED Software caused connection abort.  A connection abort was
             caused internal to your host machine."

This isn't a fatal error and shouldn't cause the parent (server) process
to quit. I don't really know what causes ECONNABORTED. I see it seldom and
I guess it's related to ipf.

You should PR this.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (NetBSD)