Subject: apache / modruby can't restart?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/12/2003 16:40:13
Does this look familiar to anyone?

I am currently on Apache 1.3.28 with modruby, both from pkgsrc.

If I retart using apachectl 'graceful' or 'restart', apache
doesn't come back up.

The ap2-ruby package (which I created :) ) has same bug, and I've tried
several versions of modruby, including today's CVS.
I don't see the bug on FreeBSD with same versions of the software.

It's very annoying since the performance is phenomenal, and a semi-
workaround is to pipe logs through logrotate so newsyslog doesn't
signal Apache,but it is annoying....

Is there some flag I should be using to build the module?
I realise a -DDO_NOT_CRASH flag is unlikely, but thought I'd ask ....

To clarify, sending SUGUSR1 to Apache with mod_ruby on NetBSD on my
box kills Apache - thought I'd check if anyone else had the same problem.

--
Maternity pay?	Now every Tom, Dick and Harry will get pregnant.
		-- Malcolm Smith