Subject: VGA driver
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, tech-misc@netbsd.org>
From: Rishabh Kumar Goel <rishabh@soc-soft.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/11/2003 21:43:05
hi,
I have a C&T 69030 VGA card. The BAR0 in the PCI configuration Space contains
0x08000000. This requires 16MB of memory. And all memory addressable.

The Generic VGA driver configures the consoles using both iotag and memtag.
Will I be able to use this card on netbsd.
I changed the vga layer to use memtag instead of iotag. and i m able to read
and write through the registers but when I tried to read and write on to the
MDA character buffer it gives me 0xFFFF.

I tried doing single byte read and write operation but it fails.

write now my sole aim is to get the Green light of the monitor to glow.
For that what should i do? Which register to write, or what should be the
initialization part of it.

--
Regards,
Rishabh Kumar Goel

Scanned by SecureSynergy VirusScreen Service.
For more information log on to : http://www.securesynergyonline.com or http://www.securesynergy.com