Subject: Re: quicktime player?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Chiarchiaro <wjc@cleartech.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/09/2003 14:30:10
Chris Lloyd answered:

> Have you tried mplayer -ao sun

Thanks for the suggestion.  I couldn't recall, so I tried it just now.
Same problem --- video starts out playing back at too high a rate,
then it slows down, but the audio never syncs with it.

I should have mentioned that my standard mplayer options are:

  -vo x11 -ao sdl

These have worked fine with other movie formats, such as Microsoft
ASF/.wmv files.

With the troublesome Quicktime movie from the Nikon camera, I've tried
giving the -autosync option factors from 1 to at least a few hundred,
but with no success.  FWIW, the audio entries in my kernel conf file
are:

clcs*	at pci? dev ? function ?	# Cirrus Logic CS4280
audio*	at clcs?

Bill Chiarchiaro
wjc@cleartech.com