Subject: Re: Anonymous IPv6 FTP to ftp.netbsd.org doen't work
To: None <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Michael Eriksson <Michael.Eriksson@era-t.ericsson.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2003 22:31:16
cube@cubidou.net wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 08:47:57AM +0200, Michael Eriksson wrote:
> > I can't get anonymous FTP to ftp.netbsd.org to work over IPv6:
>
> It works here ; lemme guess. You're connected to the Internet through
> PPPoE? I had that issue when I first setup IPv6 in my home network,
> then I found a way to avoid MTU issues on my configuration.
>
> You're receiving a 1500-byte long packet at that point.

Yes, I think your analysis is correct, but the problem is not on my
end. I can do IPv6 FTP to, e.g., ftp2.no.netbsd.org without any
problems. A small tcpdump investigation shows that there is indeed
loss of full-size packets from ftp.netbsd.org. I see the same thing
from ftp.kame.net (in Japan), but Norway is OK. I guess the IPv6
Internet isn't really ready for prime time yet...

--
Michael Eriksson <eramore@era-t.ericsson.se>
/usr/sys/ken/slp.c:	 * You are not expected to understand this.