Subject: Re: Anonymous IPv6 FTP to doen't work
To: None <>
From: Michael Eriksson <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2003 22:31:16 wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 08:47:57AM +0200, Michael Eriksson wrote:
> > I can't get anonymous FTP to to work over IPv6:
> It works here ; lemme guess. You're connected to the Internet through
> PPPoE? I had that issue when I first setup IPv6 in my home network,
> then I found a way to avoid MTU issues on my configuration.
> You're receiving a 1500-byte long packet at that point.

Yes, I think your analysis is correct, but the problem is not on my
end. I can do IPv6 FTP to, e.g., without any
problems. A small tcpdump investigation shows that there is indeed
loss of full-size packets from I see the same thing
from (in Japan), but Norway is OK. I guess the IPv6
Internet isn't really ready for prime time yet...

Michael Eriksson <>
/usr/sys/ken/slp.c:	 * You are not expected to understand this.