Subject: Faking ping responses from the Internet
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: David W. Rankin Jr. <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/31/2003 00:40:20
I've got a NetBSD firewall (currently 1.5.2, but about to be upgraded
to 1.6.1) that sits between my home network & the Internet. Unfortunately,
one of my ISP's providers is dropping pings, and I have a proprietary VPN
solution for work that wants to ping home.

I'd really like to use ipf/ipnat to intercept & reply to the pings
for the two (or so) VPN servers in question, but not intercept TCP or UDP
packets to them.

Can anyone suggest how to do this?

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Christian, Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   ".... As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15