Subject: Re: Multicast routing
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/20/2003 08:53:51
Wasn't my reply, was someone else asking about an (I guess) similar
question. Novell uses Multicast to announce it's Service Location
Provider Directory Agent location - that which, for IP, replaces SAP on
IPX. Also, I've got Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, which uses
multicast to find installed servers and clients. All of these are IP4
multicast.