Subject: Re: nVIDIA nForce2 chipset
To: Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org>
From: Thomas Runge <coto@core.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/17/2003 12:46:57
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> I don't know anything about the MSI K7N2, but my ASUS A7N8X works
> perfectly, aside from the well-known NIC issues.

Yes, it works very nice. There is just one issue I have and which
will most probably not hurt 99,9% of all users. I've got a
Airlancer-11/PCI which is a Airlancer-11 wlan card plus a
PCI->PCMCIA-bridge. This is in fact an ISA bus behind a PCI bus
and the bios does not select an IRQ for cards behind that bridge.

Adding options PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP yields in a "no compatible PCI ICU found"
and even playing with all possible PCI-options doesn't get this
card working (or any other pcmcia card). It seems, we need support
for the interrupt controller to fix this.

--
Tom