Subject: Re: netbsd and winxp dual booting
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Staffan Thomen <duck@multi.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/15/2003 15:12:38
--=.VxnL7WEAV?51YN

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:19:12 +0200 Manuel Bouyer
<bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 03:23:46PM +0000, felix zaslavskiy wrote:
> > I run into a bit of a problme.
> >=20
> > I have winXP on partition-0 after which i installed netbsd-current
> > on partition-1. I let netbsd overwrite the mbr and didnt save the
> > one previously there. I also let netbsd place the bootmenu.
> >=20
> > Ever since my winXP refuses to boot strangely freezing up after a
> > minute with a blue screen.
> >=20
> > My question is has anyone been successful to boot winXP with the
> > netbsd bootloader ?
>=20
> Yes, I did.
> I guess you double-checked that your partitions don't overlap ?

 I'm booting windows xp and netbsd on my laptop and the winxp fs
 is my old /var, rather nicely tucked into the center of the netbsd
 partition... works great. This is the bootcode from somewhere
 last fall, IIRC.

--=20
Staffan Thom=E9n
     GPG key: 1024D/7C7E2EF8
 Fingerprint: ADB3 455F 10D5 86D1 78D6  048D 11BB D66E 7C7E 2EF8

--=.VxnL7WEAV?51YN

--=.VxnL7WEAV?51YN--