Subject: Re: jabberd 1.4 on netbsd?
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/12/2003 07:25:53
  [jabberd 1.4 on netbsd; jsm.so sigwait lossage]

Yes, I am running it (1.6.1-stable, i386), and yes I had a lot of
trouble too.

My way to a working server (from memory, may be off a bit)

0) start with wip/jabberd

1) Install pth 1.4.0.  Not 2, not 1.4.1.   (I just did cvs up -D, and
   found 1.4.0nb1.)

2) After doing 'make configure', cd in and do 'make static'.

3) observe that this loses, and edit the makefile in jabberd with the
   losing link line to set JHOME environment to ../jsm, and remake.

I had on my todo list to fix this in the wip pkgsrc blob, but have not
yet had the Copious Spare Time.

The static part works around some symbol naming grief, and with other
pth versions it will build but not run correctly (failure connecting
to other servers; c2s works ok).

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>