Subject: Re: Silly way to waste bits.
To: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbertf@netbsd-fr.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/09/2003 19:52:59
On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 12:38:54AM +0000, Gilbert Fernandes wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 06:38:40PM -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
>
> > Okay, someone (sorry, lost track of the name) was offering to put this
> > on a more stable link that I can promise.  The list is presently QUITE
> > short (4 entries) though others have said that they are interested
> > in seeing this list come about/being listed...
>
> You have inverted the latitude and longitude values in the

Sorry.  I originally had it right, I figured, when you appeared right
next to the Paris, France marker.  I don't know hnow how I inverted
your entry.  It's fixed, now.  (^&

(Well, I have a vague idea.  I always think of "longitude, latitude,"
so I had to do a half-twist of the ordering somewhere in my head, and
the another half-twist to straighten it out...but how just your entry
got messed up, I dunno.)

> markers file... If you use my coordinates I appear as being
> located in the east coast of Africa which is wrong: I'm about
> 1.5 km from Paris, on the west side of it: inversing my
> coordinates in the markers file set me correctly near Paris,
> where I do actually live.
>
> Recall me to slap you someday with some random geodetic (-*

I'll remind you now, to get it out of the way: Slap me someday with
some random geodetic...  (^&

Thanks.