Subject: Re: Silly way to waste bits.
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/09/2003 18:38:40
Okay, someone (sorry, lost track of the name) was offering to put this
on a more stable link that I can promise.  The list is presently QUITE
short (4 entries) though others have said that they are interested
in seeing this list come about/being listed...

Since discussion has abated, I took the four entries that I have, and that's
the germ of the list, now.  I will happily accept new entries via
email (if it gets to be too many, it will need to be automated; (^&).
I will happily turn it over to someone with something more stable than DSL
to serve it.

If someone wants to make it into an HTML-manageable database on
http://www.NetBSD.org/ that would be great...

To submit a new entry, for now just email it to me (rkr@olib.org).  To
make it as simple as possible, provide the data in the same format as
the .db file.  Leave <email> blank if you don't want it listed.

(I wanted to keep it simple; if it grows in popularity, more optional
information could be added.  I hope that it won't atrophy away...)

What you need:

The NetBSD users xglobe (see ...pkgsrc/x11/xglobe package) markers file:
  http://www.olib.org/~rkr/netbsd/netbsdusers.xglobe

The "raw" database:
  http://www.olib.org/~rkr/netbsd/netbsdusers.db

A quickie AWK script to produce the former from the latter:
  http://www.olib.org/~rkr/netbsd/db2xglobe.awk

  (awk -f db2xglobe.awk <netbsdusers.db >netbsdusers.xglobe)

  If you don't like the way that .xglobe entries are labeled,
  you can edit directly or tweak the AWK script.

(The current .db file has some deliberate funky spacing for the
AWK script's blank-stripping routine.)