Subject: Re: Getting TERM right
To: Beaker (Jeff W) <beaker@myrealbox.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/03/2003 04:41:44
[ On Saturday, August 2, 2003 at 22:18:32 (-0700), Beaker (Jeff W) wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Getting TERM right
>
> Speaking of real terminals: I've got a Wyse-60 thats exhibitng the
> following:  with the "personality" set to VT-100 and most other
> setting at thier defaults, the page lengths appear to be too long.
> For example, typing 'more filename' causes each page to over scroll
> which in turn mucks up the display. I've tried several differnt
> personalities - VT-52, Wyse60, ansi -  but most display worse than
> VT-100 and all exhibit the paging problem. Is there some additional
> tweak needed to fix this?

The first thing to check is the "stty rows" setting in your session.  It
overrides the termcap "li" value, and if it's set to 25 (or more) then
that might explain at least part of the problem.

It has been a very long time since I've ever used a Wyse-60 (and when I
did I always found them way too brain-damaged/damaging to sit in front
of for any length of time! ;-)  Of the old Wyse terminals the 85 was
perhaps the only one even approaching usable one in my opinion.

However I seem to remember there being some difference between the
end-of-line quirks in the wyse-60 in vt-100 mode vs. those in a real
vt100.  You might find clearing 'am' makes a difference; or maybe its
the 'xn' bug....

--
						Greg A. Woods