Subject: Re: Getting TERM right
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Beaker (Jeff W) <beaker@myrealbox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/02/2003 22:18:32
In message <m19j3Pf-000B44C@proven.weird.com> "Greg A. Woods" so eloquently wrote:
> I'd probably still be using my real VT100s for serial consoles but they
> either do Xon/Xoff flow control and/or drop characters even at 9600 bps.
> They are, after all, being driven by a measly old 8080 CPU with, IIRC, a
> polled UART for I/O.
>
> (I do regularly still use my at&t 605 -- it's the console terminal on my
> terminal server and I have a few at&t DMDs that I still like to use but
> they're rather large and somewhat heavy and I don't have room for one on
> my desk at the moment)

Speaking of real terminals: I've got a Wyse-60 thats exhibitng the
following:  with the "personality" set to VT-100 and most other
setting at thier defaults, the page lengths appear to be too long.
For example, typing 'more filename' causes each page to over scroll
which in turn mucks up the display. I've tried several differnt
personalities - VT-52, Wyse60, ansi -  but most display worse than
VT-100 and all exhibit the paging problem. Is there some additional
tweak needed to fix this?

-Beaker
--
[Simple Machines] --> gopher://beaker.mdns.org