Subject: Getting TERM right
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+netbsd-users@bjan.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/02/2003 01:42:00
Hey everyone,

I'd like to know the Right Thing to set my TERM variable to. Here's
what I've tried:

vt100: no colors, pageup/pagedown & function keys don't work.
ansi: color okay, but cursor is not addressed properly in vi.
vt220: no color, function keys borked, pageup/pagedown work.
wsvt25: broken colors, pageup/pagedown work, function keys don't work.

Here's how I tested each feature:

colors: ran mutt
function keys: pressed F1 in mutt
pageup/down: pressed pagedown in less

The version of mutt I used was linked against netbsd curses.

When I say "broken colors" for wsvt, I mean that colors with a black
background were displayed fine, but those with a non-black background
were simply shown as bright-white on black.

Thanks!

--
Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+JUNK@bjan.net>