Subject: Re: recommendation for 802.11 pcmcia?
To: Nathan Langford <njl@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Peter Bui <neocephas@myrealbox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/01/2003 08:13:53
Hello:
	I haven't used NetBSD that much, but I have gotten my Lucent/Orinoco
wireless card (802.11b) and 2 3Com AirConnect cards to work with the OS.
   Hardware detection is pretty automatic using 1.6.1, but you'll have
to manually configure rc.conf or ifconfig if u use WEP.  You can find
these pcmcia cards online; probably try ebay (I got 2 AirConnects for 20
dollars) or amazon or pricegrabber.com.  I highly recommend the Orinoco
wireless card.  The 3Coms are good, but are a bit flimsy at the end, so
you have to be careful.  Both have good range.  I hope this helps.

-	Peter