Subject: Re: SASL2 and kerberos
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Dan Riley <dsr@mail.lns.cornell.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/17/2003 10:19:28
"Louis  Guillaume" <lguillaume@berklee.edu> writes:
> I'm trying to build then pkgsrc cyrus-sasl2 such that it would be able
> to authenticate users via the built-in Heimdal kerberos 5 that comes
> with NetBSD.
>
> This is NetBSD-1.6U and a fresh cvs update of pkgsrc as of last
> night. Here's what I tried...
>
> # SASL_USE_GSSAPI=YES make install
>
> When it gets to "Making all in saslauthd", I see this error, which
> stops the build...
>
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -DSASLAUTHD_CONF_FILE_DEFAULT=\"/usr/pkg/etc/saslauthd.conf\"
> -I. -I. -I.. -I./include -I../include  -I/usr/pkg/include
> -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/include
> -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/include  -Wall -W -Wall -O2
> -I/usr/pkg/include -c
> auth_krb5.c
> auth_krb5.c:48: krb5.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1

There should have been a -I/usr/include/krb5 in the compile flags,
courtesy of this line in the Makefile:

.  if exists(/usr/include/krb5/krb5-types.h)
CPPFLAGS+=              -I/usr/include/krb5
.  endif

which should have taken care of the krb5/krb5.h problem.  Check that
/usr/include/krb5/krb5-types.h exists--if it does, try a 'make clean'
and start over (but read the rest of this message first!).

> ...I have a /usr/include/krb5/krb5.h. So I tried "#include
> <krb5/krb5.h>" and the build got a little further until...
>
> ld: cannot find -lgssapi_krb5
>
> ...and I can't find that one either (libgssapi_krb5.a) so  I'm stuck.
>
> Is anything missing from my system? Any help would be fantastic.

configure is failing the test for heimdal, so it is assuming MIT
kerberos.  It's failing the test for heimdal because the NetBSD
installation of heimdal uses OpenSSL's libcrypto for the crypto
primitives, and the sasl configure isn't accounting for that.  Make
sure you don't have a CPPFLAGS environment variable set, and then try

make clean
LIBS=-lcrypto SASL_USE_GSSAPI=YES make

-dan