Subject: Re: new pcmcia devices
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/10/2003 19:19:52
In article <20030710153531.1CFC77B4D@berkshire.research.att.com>,
Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com> wrote:
>I have an oddball pcmcia card that emulates an NE2000.  When I plug
>it in, the kernel says:
>
>ASIX, AX88790,  (manufacturer 0xffff, product 0x1090) at pcmcia0,
>function 0 not configured
>
>I assume I need to add an entry to if_ne_pcmcia.c.  I know what the
>character string should be, and I assume that the manufacturer
>and product are 0xffff and 0x1090.  What do I put for the cis_info,
>function,enet_maddr, enet_vendr, and flags?  Is there anything else
>I need to do?

You need to edit pcmciadevs and add the strings; then you need to
make -f Makefile.pcmciadevs. But you cannot use 0xffff as the manufacturer
because that is the placeholder for the invalid manufacturer. You
have to do the kludge at the end of the file with the pcmcia strings.

Then you add the new #defines into a struct entry... in if_ne_pcmcia.c
I'd use what most popular cards use, for the entries you are asking.

christos