Subject: Anyone using TCFS or similar?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: poff <poff@sixbit.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/10/2003 12:47:45
Hi,

I've been browsing/searching the lists forinfo on an encrypted fs.

TCFS seems to be a good choice, which was recommended to me a while back.

Hopwever latest release is for netbsd 1.4.2, and I just learnt there is no
more bsd development on TCFS.

I tried compiling but the files for syssrc were so outdated,  thwas kinda
ugly.

I'm not experienced enough to modify the sources to get tcfs to compile in
1.6.1, and I woulod love to hear from anybody who's done this (so they can
post new tarballs which will work for 1.6.1)

Basically I'm your paranoid laptop user who needs security on files in case
of theft.

From what I've read the gnupg option isn't what Ineed.

What about cfs, any good?

Thanks,