Subject: Re: Cautionary Tale: New Install/root Password/Keyboard Layout
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/04/2003 12:47:06
On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 09:43:04AM +0100, Julian Coleman wrote:
> I suppose the real solution is for sysinst
> to set and remember the keyboard layout for wscons machines.

Yes, before even asking for the terminal type (which it should skip
on wscons consoles and figure out itself, or does it actually do that
already now?) - configuring the system and partitioning it is *so* much
fun when your keyboard generates the wrong keys...

Martin
(P.S.: I realize that not sysinst asks for the term type, but the rc script,
but sysinst needs to modify the /etc/wsons.conf file later, so both need
to work together)