Subject: Re: newest stable version (was Re: CVS getting files then deleting
To: Christoph Kaegi <kgc@zhwin.ch>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/01/2003 05:55:03
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Christoph Kaegi wrote:

> What I (and probably many others) want is:
>
> - Install the latest stable Release (1.6.1 atm)
> - Then track all fixes until 1.7 arrives (track netbsd-1-6 branch)
>
> If I understand correctly, this will lead my system from 1.6.1+patches
> to 1.6.2, 1.6.3, as long as the 1-6 branch evolves.
> So I DON'T have to change the cvs command to track 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.6.n
> but tracking 1-6 is ok until I upgrade to 1.7 someday.
>
> It'd be great if somebody could either confirm this or tell me
> how this should be done.

Yes, that's correct (modulo s/1.7/2.0). Recall the original question
was about "pkgsrc", and as M Bouyer pointed out, we've decided to
diverge from that plan in pkgsrc, so in pkgsrc, the latest branch, on
which releng is actively processing pull-up's, is netbsd-1-6-1, which
has never been tagged.

Frederick