Subject: Compiling Wine from CVS
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Philippe St-Jacques <h0ho@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/2003 15:32:49
Hi all. I am trying to get the latest Wine (from winehq's cvs) to compile on
an i386 NetBSD1.6U box. The process goes well except in a few occasions. I
had to change some parts of the code such as "gethostbyname_r" references.
But onlyne in one virtual DLL. And the compile process continued. But here I
have a problem that I need to ask. When I get to ifenum.c. I went looking at
sys/ucred.h and sys/proc.h and the problem seems to reside there even if I
really need the opinion of someone else to argue this.

In ifenum.c we can read: it explains the role of that specific dll
* There are three implemened methods for determining the MAC address of an
* interface:
* - a specific IOCTL (Linux)
* - looking in the ARP cache (at least Solaris)
* - using the sysctl interface (FreeBSD and MacOSX)

here is what happens:

/usr/bin/gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC
-D__WINESRC__  -Wall -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -gstabs+ -Wpointer-arith
-O3 -o ifenum.o ifenum.c
In file included from /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h:48,
                 from ifenum.c:102:
/usr/include/sys/ucred.h:51: `NGROUPS' undeclared here (not in a function)
/usr/include/sys/ucred.h:59: `NGROUPS' undeclared here (not in a function)
In file included from /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h:50,
                 from ifenum.c:102:
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:69: `MAXLOGNAME' undeclared here (not in a function)
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:240: `MAXCOMLEN' undeclared here (not in a function)
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:240: size of array `p_comm' has non-integer type
In file included from ifenum.c:102:
/usr/include/sys/sysctl.h:323: `MAXLOGNAME' undeclared here (not in a
function)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /home/phil/src/wine/wine-cvs/dlls/iphlpapi
*** Error code 1

So is the problem in Wine code, is it some missing functions in sys/*.h's I
looked there and if someone could go look at the same lines the error
reports I'd like some feedback.

Thanks.
Philippe