Subject: Re: Squid and apache it works but.....
To: Caloro Maurizio <mauric@gmx.ch>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/29/2003 16:50:09
On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 04:00:47PM +0200, Caloro Maurizio wrote:
> sorry sorry its true, but thanks for you msg;-
>
>  the little sparc classic box its pluged two NIC one it. one connection
> goes direct to the internet (DHCP-Client), and the oder its a Public NIC
> connectio
> (192.168.20.xxx) now yesterday i have installed the squid and i have
> see that after the installation of squid and apache my POP and SMTP its not
> working
> now i dont know itīs this a question of forrwarding or somthing else ?

Is your sparc box also a router (i.e. you set up ipf.conf and ipnat.conf),
or is just running proxy.

> my conneted machine W2k it has a range of the public site, and i can ping
> the
> internet (www.netbsd.org = where fast times come back :-)) but when i want
> ping
> mail.gmx.net it comes that the host are not here <(w2k): > from the sparc >
> i can ping
> mail.gmx.net an its realy fast, i thing that its any thing with forrwarding,
> but i interssting
> want learn how and fix this problem so fast as possible.

So tu summarize, you have

|w2k box|--------|NetBSD box|----> internet

your win2k box haz a 192.168.x.x address. As you can ping www.netbsd.org from
w2k, I guess you have routing and IPnat setup on the NetBSD box.

when you ping mail.gmx.net, does it say "no reply" or "host not found" ?
What happens if you try to ping mail.gmx.net with its IP address instead
of its host name ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>