Subject: Re: CVS getting files then deleting them
To: leam <leam@reuel.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2003 23:50:22
leam wrote:

> Simon Burge wrote:
> > leam wrote:
> >>If I run:
> >>
> >>	cvs checkout -rnetbsd-1-6-PATCH001-RELEASE -dpkgsrc pkgsrc
> >>
> >>I get the files in the pkgsrc directory for a while, then they get
> >>deleted after cvs finished. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > Because there's no "netbsd-1-6-PATCH001-RELEASE" tag in pkgsrc?  Here's
> > the list of tags for the top level Makefile:
> >
> >         netbsd-1-6-1: 1.52.0.2
> >         netbsd-1-6-1-base: 1.52
> >         netbsd-1-6: 1.47.0.6
> >         netbsd-1-6-RELEASE-base: 1.47

> > I think you want "netbsd-1-6-1".
> >
> > Simon.
>
> Simon, where is that Makefile? I was referencing a message dated 22 Apr
> 03 for the "netbsd-1-6-PATCH001-RELEASE" tag. src/doc/BRANCH didn't have
> 1.6.1.

That was from "cvs log pkgsrc/Makefile".  Note that pkgsrc and src have
different conventions for maintaining releases in CVS.

> What are the numbers after the ":"? Do I need both "netbsd-1-6-1" and
> "netbsd-1-6-1-base"?

The numbers after the ":" are the actual CVS revisions where the tag
points. "netbsd-1-6-1-base" is the branch point of the 1.6.1 branch
of pkgsrc, and "netbsd-1-6-1" is a revision on that branch.  (This
description will probably be corrected by a CVS weenie :-)

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/