Subject: Re: CVS getting files then deleting them
To: leam <leam@reuel.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2003 08:32:26
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, leam wrote:

> If I run:
>
> 	cvs checkout -rnetbsd-1-6-PATCH001-RELEASE -dpkgsrc pkgsrc
>
> I get the files in the pkgsrc directory for a while, then they get
> deleted after cvs finished. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Yes. There is no tag "-rnetbsd-1-6-PATCH001-RELEASE" in pkgsrc,
so therefore there are no files with that tag. Try, instead,

    cvs -z3 checkout -Pd -rnetbsd-1-6-1 pkgsrc

(assuming that CVSROOT is set to something suitable). Note that this
is a dynamic "branch", not a static "tag", so it's probably more
suitable than a tag would be, if you intend to update your sources
semi-frequently.

Frederick