Subject: Re: NetBSD and HomePNA 2.0
To: Yoav Cohen-Sivan <yoavcs@hotmail.com>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/21/2003 10:41:52
My only exposure to HomePNA was that I ran across a trivial bug in
NetBSD's amphy driver for the AMD 79c901 which is an Ethernet MII PHY
which implements HomePNA 1.0 - it was a simple thing that I fixed
last fall.

Based on that, HomePNA seems to be Ethernet with a different kind of
PHY (i.e. nothing especially special required) and our support for
HomePNA is thus hiding in the various PHYs we support. We even have a
generic ukphy driver for any PHY that we don't recognize - that
driver simply follows the basic IEEE standard for talking to a PHY,
and that seems to work a lot of the time.

	Erik <fair@netbsd.org>