Subject: Re: Compaq RAID controller driver is problematic under 1.6.1
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Doughty <netbsd-ml@amalgam.dyndns.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/19/2003 13:49:04
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 04:09:12PM +0900, Michael Doughty wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 09:41:29AM -0500, John Maier wrote:
> > So is there some fundamental difference between the Compaq Smart Array 3200
> > and the Compaq Integrated Array, or RAID 1 vs. 5 or combo?
>
> > One thing I have not tried, checking to see if there is a newer card code
> > for the 3200, I've been running this box since 2000.
>
> Well, that was a nice thought, but when I gave it a go, the box running the
> 2 SL card still choked on me.

Ok, for no real reason, I tried the same thing on the 1850R that is using
the 3200 card.  And, in spite of my expectations of utter failure, it
appears to be solid.  Currently running a build of current from 6/2, and
Raid 1 w/ hot spare, RAID Accel. enabled.  Installation was fine, compiling
apache, perl, mysql, etc all went without a hitch.  I am on my 5th
consecutive run of bonnie++ with a 1G file, and have experienced no issues,
so perhaps the 3200 w/ latest firmware and RAID 1 is a solid combo.

Michael