Subject: Weird lag in telnet
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Juha K Kallio <bunnyh@psychedelic.baana.suomi.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/12/2003 13:46:19
While playing a game of nethack over telnet, I noticed this weird lag in NetBSD telnet
client. Nethack has a message bar in the upmost line, which is updated if something interesting
happens at a turn. If using NetBSD telnet, the main screen is updated first, and then there is
a noticeable delay (200ms or something like that) before the message bar is updated.

This does not happen with other telnet clients. I've even tried logging to the NetBSD machine
from my linux workstation, and then logging to the workstation from the NetBSD machine; no lag.
I can see no other reason for this than some oddity in NetBSD's telnet. I even tried using
different ToS, as someone suggested, with no difference. Any ideas?