Subject: Re: BIND core dumps on large DNS tables - was Re: BIND and big giant RBL PLUS!!!! table wahoo!
To: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/10/2003 21:06:16
On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 03:36:20PM -0700, Sean J. Schluntz wrote:
> One more heads up, if you run BIND with the -u -g flags to have it run as
> a different user BIND9 only uses -u now (-g will give you an error).

Does BIND9 accept a uid instead of a username with -u yet? BIND8 does
and last time I tried it BIND9 did not.

Very annoying when your /etc/passwd is in large part served up
via Hesiod -- DNS. Sucks when your DNS server requires DNS to start
up on a private network. A "-g" option like named8 would be required
as well.
           On the community of supercomputer fans:
"But what we lack in size we make up for in eccentricity."
  from Steve Gombosi, comp.sys.super, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:43 -0600