Subject: Re: BIND core dumps on large DNS tables - was Re: BIND and big
To: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/10/2003 15:36:20
> Ok I'll ask the obvious, perhaps stupid question, if it's so good, why
> isn't
> NetBSD replacing the 8 with 9?

That I don't know, I've just made it habit to upgrade as soon as I bring
the box up if it's going to be running it.

> However, I will upgrade one and if all is well, go with it on the rest.
>
> Thanks for the heads up!

One more heads up, if you run BIND with the -u -g flags to have it run as
a different user BIND9 only uses -u now (-g will give you an error).

I bet you already have the startup script handled, but if you want me to
toss you mine (the one that comes with BIND9 does not do the chroot stuff)
just send me a private e-mail.

-Sean
--
Sean J. Schluntz           schluntz@workofstone.com
Sr. Security Consultant               Work of Stone