Subject: BIND core dumps on large DNS tables - was Re: BIND and big giant RBL PLUS!!!! table wahoo!
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/10/2003 10:40:41
Which brings me to another point, BIND is not able to contend with lists
list large!

With databases this large, BIND cores after a period of time.
It's gotten so bad, that I've had to initiate a cron that checks every min
to see if named is running, if not start it.

This is on two different servers, with latest named 8.3.4-REL

I am beginning to look at alternative DNS programs, the problem is so bad!

I would rather not have to go to this extreme but...

jam