Subject: Re: BIND and big giant RBL PLUS!!!! table wahoo!
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/10/2003 19:09:24
On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> this doesn't mean only that's growing, but it mostly mean complete
> nonsense in IP allocation, which are allocated in very small pieces
> completely independently from geographical location.

I would hope that they're allocating independently from geographical
location! Why make hash of your routing advertisements just because two
networks are in physical proximity? It's what transit provider they're
using that counts.

Dozens of /24s can be grouped into a single BGP advertisement and a
single routing table entry if you simply ignore geography and go by
transit provider.

cjs