Subject: Re: NetBSD based ISP's offering virtual hosting?
To: Joern Bredereck <jb@bw-networx.net>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/09/2003 12:49:02
> On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>
>> or is it something like virtual machine running on real (like vmware)
>>
>> or chroot'ed thing?
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to set up multiple NetBSD servers on one
> physical (x86) machine (VServer)?

You could do it well with the VMware GSX Server, or if you can afford it
the ESX server and bypass having to run it on Win/Linux.

Off of the x86 side I though there was someone working on NetBSD running
under the same system partitioning that Linux does on IBM mainframes (I'm
pritty sure someone has done it with FreeBSD at least).

It would be worth noting which was it was setup.  For my needs, I'm not
tied to a specific platform, I just have a prefered OS :)

-Sean
--
Sean J. Schluntz           schluntz@workofstone.com
Sr. Security Consultant               Work of Stone