Subject: Re: problems compiling mysql 4.0.13 on 1.6.1 - any suggestions?
To: Carl Brewer <carl@bl.echidna.id.au>
From: felix zaslavskiy <felix@students.poly.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/04/2003 22:01:13
I had similar problems month ago.
Seems that gnu pthread library does not work right or does not have all
features needed. You can most likely compile the one provided in
packages although its not v4.

You have couple of options
1. use v3 from packages
2. use postges
3. wait for nebsd2 that will have native pthread support
4. try using current , although pthreads are not ready yet

I dont know the exact reasons why mysql does not work with the pthread
library in netbsd but i do know that mysql people do not explicetly
support netbsd.