Subject: Re: second xdm: Device not configured
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hanspeter Roth <hampi@rootshell.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/01/2003 17:52:50
  On May 31 at 18:33, kpneal@pobox.com spoke:

> On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 11:45:12AM +0000, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> > :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X vt05
> > :1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X vt06
>
> Are you trying to run two X servers or are you trying to run two
> xdm's each with its own X server? Does the first xdm start two
> X servers already?

After boot I run xdm manually once. With the above configuration I
would expect that this xdm should launch an X server on :0 and one
on :1.

> Is there any reason a single xdm won't work?

If I have only :0 configured it works.
If I have only :1 configured an X server appears on vt06 but
listening on 6000 (display 0). But nothing else happens.

xdm-errors finishes with:

AUDIT: Sun Jun  1 17:35:42 2003: 778 X: client 1 rejected from local host
  Auth name: MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 ID: -1
xdm error (pid 775): Display :1 is being disabled

-Hanspeter