Subject: Upgrade to current failing at "./ install=/"
To: None <>
From: Phil Pereira <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/31/2003 09:00:53
Am trying to upgrade to current following a the need for the "agp" updates. I have built a new kernel, booted with it and have completed a "./ distribution". I can see the new executables in /usr/obj/ but the system is failing the "./ install=/"

The command seems to be failing when using "pax" to access files/folders in ./usr/share (probably 'cos it doesn'd exist as far as I can tell) then finishes saying:

*** Error code 6

nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/distrib/sets
*** Error code 1

nbmake: stopped in /usr/src

ERROR: Failed to make installworld to /

Why is this happening? Where is ./usr/share and the various bits inside which pax is looking for?

                                           (_ )
UNIX is "user-friendly",                \\\", ) ^
it's just picky about its friends!        \/, \(