Subject: Re: switching consoles and x-displays
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hanspeter Roth <hampi@rootshell.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/30/2003 00:06:32
  On May 29 at 15:13, Art Lemasters spoke:

>   Hanspeter, to run more than one Xserver at a time, add
> a line to the file,
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers

Hm, but this probably only works when using xdm?

I've added two lines but when I start a second X session from a
console the session seems to be placed into the same console.

Ok. I can switch to another console before starting a new X session.
I just thought I could skip this step. (And I might forget and
attempt to start one from an xterm...)

> man xdm, under "Local Server Specification" will explain.
> Keywords to search engines [e.g., xdm "more than one
> xserver"] might yield an example or two.

I'll read it later...

>   It's a good way to have the work of more than one person
> available by no more than screensaver logins or something
> like that.

I am the only one using this machine...

-Hanspeter