Subject: Mozilla fails with nl_langinfo error, NetBSD 1.6.1, Mozilla 1.3.1,
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Art Lemasters <slemas1@mindspring.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/28/2003 15:03:45
   When trying to start mozilla 1.3.1 (and previously, 1.3)
after a make install in pkgsrc (and later, all variations of
clean and update, reinstall, etc.), I received the following
error message while using NetBSD 1.6.1, i386.

/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/components/libuconv.so: Undefined PLT symbol
"nl_langinfo" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 483)

   Mozilla did not start.

/usr/include/langinfo.h exists and is identical to the same file
in my old 1.6 system (another drive) where mozilla 1.3 runs fine.
It's been over ten years since I did anything with C (and that
was Microsoft stuff).  After looking through the programmer's
docs (linux) on nl_langinfo, this dummy (me) learned a few things
but did not find the problem, not knowing where libuconv.so
(not text, of course) is looking.

   Do any of you have any clues as to what's causing the problem
and how it can be fixed?  Is my file system missing something?
I suspect that it's caused by something I did.  And should this
be posted to another list?  It was posted in the help list but
drew no answer.  Thanks in advance.

Art