Subject: Re: IDE LED always on
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/20/2003 01:40:16
Motorola MOC3010 takes DTR on one side.  Optoisolator.

On the other end, it controls a triac thats rated at least
400V.  Or it drives a transistor that works a relay.
I prefer triacs where the heatsink isn't electrically hot.
In a box, you care less.

I've used parallel ports to run lights and do dimming (needs
something to trip an input on zero crossing).  Worked well
enough on a 1MHz Apple ][, I'd presume that a 2000MHz PC
could do ok as well.

Now?  I got a weeder tech (weedtech.com) DI/O module that
can control 16 relays.  (It doesn't, it just COULD).

Quoting David Laight (david@l8s.co.uk):