Subject: Re: No nameservers configured when using DHCP/dhclient
To: Lee W <>
From: Ed Wensell III <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2003 10:54:36
--- Lee W <> wrote:
> In a larger environment setting up my own DNS server would be a good
> suggestion unfortunately I am only setting this up a home.

Having a local caching DNS is a very good idea if you have more than one
computer sharing a broadband connection.

You said you use a D-Link router. Which one? It might have a builtin
caching/proxy DNS feature that simply needs to be turned on. It won't fix
the problems you are having with NetBSD, but could make things easier to
work around.

Ed Wensell III

--Arthur C. Clarke

Do you Yahoo!?