Subject: Re: No nameservers configured when using DHCP/dhclient
To: Lee W <lee@unassemble.co.uk>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2003 10:54:36
--- Lee W <lee@unassemble.co.uk> wrote:

> In a larger environment setting up my own DNS server would be a good
> suggestion unfortunately I am only setting this up a home.

Having a local caching DNS is a very good idea if you have more than one
computer sharing a broadband connection.

You said you use a D-Link router. Which one? It might have a builtin
caching/proxy DNS feature that simply needs to be turned on. It won't fix
the problems you are having with NetBSD, but could make things easier to
work around.

=====
Ed Wensell III
http://www.geocities.com/ewensell3