Subject: Re: managing /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Fischer <r@aileron.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/14/2003 07:08:31
I like this option, however... it would be nice if /etc/rc would also
do the following.
if a file by the same name exists in both /etc/rc.d and
/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d, (e.g. sshd)
then use the one in /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d which is presumably newer
(unless you've just
upgraded as I am planning on doing soon).

Or for packages in the base system, do people think it's smarter to
just install to a
root dir of / instead of /usr/pkg?  (bind, sendmail, postfix, sshd, ssh...)

- Roger