Subject: Re: pppoe
To: None <>
From: Ian Thomas <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/13/2003 19:02:47

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 04:19 PM, Martin Husemann wrote:
> This is on the wishlist. Most IPSs I've dealt with deliver pretty
> constant
> nameserver settings, so enabling query-dns on pppoe0 and using
>  pppoectl -n 1 -n 2 pppoe0

	This didn't get either DNS server for me.  I copied them from an OS X
system that was directly connected, into resolv.conf.

> and the tweaking /etc/resolv.conf manually always worked for me.
> Besides,
> the output is easily scriptable, so a few lines of shell code should do
> the trick, I guess. Patches to pppoectl or example shell scripts
> welcome,
> please use send-pr ;-)
> Martin

	I'll try messing around with it and look at the code.  I'll send-pr.
	Side note.  pppoe wasn't working consistently for me in 1.6.  It
seemed to be a problem with the MTU setting.  Some pages weren't
displaying and others were.  1.6.1 fixed the problem and I no longer
have to use the rp-pppoe package for pppoe.  I haven't looked at the
code to see where the fix was, or if it was just network strangeness at
my end.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (Darwin)