Subject: Re: pppoe
To: Noah Meyerhans <frodo@morgul.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/13/2003 22:19:07
On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 01:08:07PM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> I've put some echo calls in
> /etc/ppp/ip-up to see if it's being run at boot, and it definitely is
> not.

Make those echo to a file, just to be sure.

--8<--
#! /bin/sh

echo $* >> /tmp/ip-up.log
-->8--

The scripts run from a daemonized ifwatchd, not attached to the console
or anything.

You could set "ifwatchd=NO" in /etc/rc.conf and try it manually with the
-v option.

> The second question related to resolv.conf.

This is on the wishlist. Most IPSs I've dealt with deliver pretty constant
nameserver settings, so enabling query-dns on pppoe0 and using

 pppoectl -n 1 -n 2 pppoe0

and the tweaking /etc/resolv.conf manually always worked for me. Besides,
the output is easily scriptable, so a few lines of shell code should do
the trick, I guess. Patches to pppoectl or example shell scripts welcome,
please use send-pr ;-)

Martin