Subject: Re: USB flash disks
To: Emre Yildirim <ey@ieee.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/12/2003 21:17:04
"Emre Yildirim" <ey@ieee.org>  wrote:
 > And I thought I was the only one affected by this problem.  I've been trying out
 > several -current versions and the problem still persists.  The system freezes
 > seconds after I pull out the flash disk; I should try inserting it during boot time.
 >  I didn't think of doing a send-pr, because I thought it might have been my kernel
 > config.

I only just started playing with USB storage. I picked up a
LaCie USB/Firewire CDRW drive on a recent trip. Same results
as above when I disconnect the cable from the host. I've also
never actually managed to get it to probe/attach the CDRW
drive inside. It attaches an atapibus to a umass but falls
short of seeing the device inside.

But given it was my first attempt at any of this, I chalked
it up to me doing something wrong.

Sorry for the 'me too'. I know it's not helping anyone.