Subject: Re: FTP connection showing incorrect hostname
To: Douwe Kiela <virtus@wanadoo.nl>
From: Phil Pereira <freeserver@wintellect.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/11/2003 22:17:13
Douwe,

I checked ftpd.conf, but has no entry for a hostname; I even checked "man ftpd.conf".

I have managed to correct the issue by adding a switch to ftpd's start in inetd.conf - apparently the switch "-h <hostname>" can be used!  :)

Although this is now resolved, I still wonder why it was wrong?!?

Thanks everyone!

Phil.

On Sun, 11 May 2003 22:39:45 +0200
"Douwe Kiela" <virtus@wanadoo.nl> wrote:

> It's also possible that this has nothing to do with your system settings,
> but you FTP settings.
> Check your FTPd's configuration file and see if it contains the correct
> hostname.
>
> Regards,
>  Douwe

Phil.