Subject: Re: NVidia drivers update
To: Sean Davis <>
From: Quentin Garnier <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/04/2003 19:55:04
Le Sun, 4 May 2003 13:28:13 -0400
Sean Davis a ecrit :
> On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 06:15:37PM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > I've updated my port. See, and download the
> > tarball at .
> Does it still suffer the same problems as your last go-round? (ie,
> console blanking when leaving X, total machine hang when trying to play
> quake3arena-demo or heretic2-demo, etc?)

Console blanking is not really my part. There's nothing I can really do
about it, except complaining at NVidia. It can be worked around in the
vga/wscons driver, but it's kind of an independant work.

About games, Linux binaries don't work with GLX yet, so there's no update

I'm sorry, Sean. I must say I also think it would be so much easier with
an open source part in the userland binaries.

Quentin Garnier -
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.
Should I lay my fiddle down and take a rifle from the ground ?"
Leigh Nash/Sixpence None The Richer, Paralyzed, Divine Discontents, 2002.