Subject: Re: Beware the Source - Mozilla --my erroneous assumption
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Art Lemasters <slemas1@mindspring.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/03/2003 14:22:17
   Thank you all for your replies.  I was on the wrong
track in thinking that malicious code was involved.  ...my
ignorance of ipv6 issues.  Wolfgang wrote something about
forcing Mozilla to look for ipv6 sites, and I'm starting
to read around the Net about it.  I might try a recompile
with -- enable-ipv6 in the compile config--the only possibility
that I'm aware of.  Tell me if you know of any easier method.
And watch for errors after enabling ipv6.  ...couldn't find
anything on the issue with a search at the Mozilla site.

   So far, I've found that versions of mozilla before
1.3 were ipv6 enabled.  For some faster CPUs and some OSs,
at least, ipv6 caused generic poll messages and hangs.  [The
fastest CPU I run is an AMD 450/2 (not very fast).]  There
have also been some inuendo discussions about market/
political ramifications of ipv6 in general.  Some developers
invite it while others despise it.

						_Art