Subject: Re: tlp vs. de driver (21140A chip), transmit timeouts
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/03/2003 00:53:00
emre@asper.org writes:

>I've had a lot of those messages come up with the tlp driver, dating all the way
>back to 1.4.  I've stopped using those cards...I use ex and sip cards instead.  I
>was getting 'transmit underrun' or 'stray interrupt' too, and I was hoping that it
>would be fixed, but it never did.  Nevertheless, the NICs still worked after those
>messages, but any "green" message on my terminal makes me suspicious.

Hmm, I just "discovered" that I'm running obviously the same type of card
in a stock 1.5 machine, using the "de" driver.  I haven't seen any of the
messages mentioned on that box, at least not recently:

de0: SMC 9332BDT 21140A [10-100Mb/s] pass 2.0

I'd prefer the tlp driver, since it's what the 1.6.1 generic kernel
auto-configured (and it seems to be newer) but I guess I could switch
to using the de driver if tlp makes up more trouble.
If it's a driver issue, it would be nice if it could be fixed ;).

--
Matthias Buelow
home: mkb/at/mukappabeta.de